Hunterdon, Somerset And Warren County Work Injury Attorney

If you have been injured on the job, New Jersey law provides compensation for medical bills, lost income and disability. Known as the Workers’ Compensation law, these laws cover any work-related illness or injury, regardless of who was at fault.At the Flemington, New Jersey, Murgatroyd Law Group, we have successfully obtained maximum compensation for many injured workers. While workers’ compensation laws are intended to help the injured worker, they are also complex. Claims are frequently delayed or denied, resulting in the need for immediate legal action.

To obtain the best possible results for your work injury claim, contact an experienced workers’ compensation claims lawyer. Call the Murgatroyd Law Group at 908-788-7011 for a free initial consultation.

A Job Injury Attorney Serving The Flemington, Washington And Somerville Areas

Your employers’ workers’ compensation coverage must pay for all accident-related injury medical bills. Also, if you become temporarily or permanently disabled due to your work-related injury, workers’ compensation benefits must compensate you for your wage loss and disability. We know the workers’ compensation laws well and will provide you with all the information you need to understand your rights and benefits.

What If Someone Else Caused My Work Injury?

If you have been injured in the course of your employment because of the negligence or carelessness of a third party — someone other than your employer — you may also be entitled to receive compensation from the responsible individual or business.

For example, a delivery truck driver is injured because of icy pavement in the parking lot at the delivery site. In such a case, the owner of the parking lot would be liable for the driver’s injuries. There are countless other examples.

At the Murgatroyd Law Group, we have vast experience in such third-party workplace injury claims. Our experience as house counsel for a major insurance company has given us insight into how insurance companies operate in defending against these claims. We use that knowledge to get the best possible recovery for injured employees.

What Must I Do If I Am Injured?

You should notify your employer of the accident as soon as possible. There are strict time limits for such notice. The notice should be given to the foreman, supervisor, personnel office or anyone with authority at the employer’s place of business. The notice need not be in writing. If you are injured, you should also request that your employer provide you with medical treatment. You should not treat for any injury on your own.

What If My Employer Refuses To Provide Medical Services And/Or Disability Benefits?

You should seek the services of a knowledgeable attorney who will file a formal claim petition and a motion for medical and temporary benefits with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. Attorneys are prohibited by law from charging a fee in advance for such services. Fees will be fixed by the court only if compensation is awarded to you.

Important: There is a two-year statute of limitations. A formal claim petition must be filed within two years of the date of the injury or the last payment of compensation, whichever is later. Medical treatment that is authorized and paid for by the employer or the employer’s workers’ compensation carrier is considered a payment of compensation. In cases of occupational illness such as asbestosis, lead poisoning or hearing loss, the claim petition must be filed within two years from the date the worker first became aware of the condition and its relationship to employment.

Can My Employer Take Action Against Me For Filing A Workers’ Comp Claim?

The workers’ compensation statute prohibits your employer from discharging or in any other manner discriminating against you because you claimed or attempted to file a claim for workers’ compensation benefits or because you testified or are about to testify in a workers’ compensation case.

Attorney Anthony J. Murgatroyd has decades of experience helping people in New Jersey win compensation for their injuries, whether they are caused at work or anywhere else. He and our legal team know that the process of filling out paperwork, tracking claims and appealing denials can take a toll on people struggling with serious injuries. At our firm, we attend to the legal work so that our clients can focus on their recovery.

If you have just been injured on the job, notify your employer as soon as possible, then email or call our firm at 908-788-7011 for a free consultation.

Your Guide Through The Workers’ Compensation Process

Whether you were injured on a construction site or in an industrial accident or have acquired an occupational disease over time, we can help you file for workers’ compensation benefits if you are unable to work.

We handle every kind of work-related injury or disease. Some of the many kinds of claims our firm handles are:

  • Temporary and permanent disabilities
  • Occupational diseases
  • Manufacturing accidents
  • Back and shoulder injuries

Wherever possible, we also pursue third-party liability claims to help our clients recover additional compensation when negligence leads to injuries. In every case, we fight for our clients so that a workplace injury does not lead to long-term financial hardship.

Our firm accepts workers’ compensation cases on a contingency basis, meaning you will pay attorney’s fees only if we recover benefits for you.

Contact Murgatroyd Law Group

Arrange to speak with Flemington workers’ compensation lawyer Anthony J. Murgatroyd in a free consultation. Email us or call 908-788-7011.