Families who entrust a loved one’s health and well-being to a nursing home staff deserve to know that their family member is being given the proper medical care and being treated with respect and dignity. Unfortunately, nursing home abuse and neglect don’t just occur, they occur regularly. Worse, these cases can go undetected because victims are sometimes unable to understand or communicate abuse and because the perpetrators work hard to hide their wrongful or negligent acts. In the worst cases, victims are unable to share information because they did not survive the abuse.
At the New Jersey personal injury firm of the Murgatroyd Law Group, our nursing home injury and abuse lawyer can help you determine whether your loved one has been mistreated in a nursing home. The most common occurrences of nursing home abuse and neglect involve:
- Failure to take reasonable precautions to prevent slip-and-fall injuries and other types of injuries
- Failure to provide proper nutrition and hydration
- Failure to assist in personal hygiene
- Over- or undermedication
- Overt physical and sexual abuse
- Use of unwarranted chemical or physical restraints
- Failure to provide medical care
- Failure to prevent bedsores
- Failure to prevent residents from leaving the facility
- Wrongful death
Our firm handles all of those occurrences and many others. These include:
- Nursing home injuries
- Nursing home neglect
- Verbal and sexual abuse
- Pressure sores
- Untimely/unexplained injuries or death
At the Murgatroyd Law Group, our attorney, Anthony J. Murgatroyd, has a quarter-century of experience in the area of personal injury law in New Jersey.
Contact Murgatroyd Law Group For A Free Consultation
Don’t risk your loved one’s well-being by waiting to seek legal help. To speak with Flemington nursing home injury lawyer Anthony J. Murgatroyd in a free case evaluation, call 908-788-7011 or send an email.