Anthony J Murgatroyd
Anthony Murgatroyd attended St. John's University, and the University of London. In 1989, he graduated Rutgers University School of Law.
After graduating law school, Anthony Murgatroyd served as the Clerk for a Judge in the Superior Court of New Jersey. He then worked the next three years as trial counsel for a Morris County AV rated firm, which is the highest rating given, where he specialized in the defense of complex legal and professional malpractice claims. After that, he served as house counsel to a major insurance company, handling personal injury, automobile accident, and product liability claims.
Working for the insurance company he gained first-hand knowledge of how insurance companies handle injury claims. He started his own firm so he could use that same knowledge to help people who are injured--people who were now going up against the insurance companies themselves. As former house counsel to a major insurance company, Anthony Murgatroyd knows what to expect, and how to prepare your case for success.
For more than a decade, Anthony J. Murgatroyd, has represented the rights of injury victims and financially damaged consumers.
The Law Office of Anthony J. Murgatroyd is a personal injury firm with many resources. In addition to our valued staff, we work carefully with a team of private investigators, experts, and evaluators and other professions to deliver the best results for your case.
Anthony Murgatroyd is a Trustee of the New Jersey State Bar, a Trustee and Past President of the Hunterdon County Bar Association, a member of the American Association for Justice and the New Jersey Association For Justice, where he previously sat on the Board of Governors. He is a Board Certified Civil Trial Attorney by the Supreme Court of New Jersey and is also a Nationally Board Certified Civil Trial Attorney with the National Board of Trial Advocacy. Less than 1% of all attorneys are Board Certified. Even fewer hold both State and National Board Certification. He is a certified member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Forum membership is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts, awards and settlements. There are only 3,000 members throughout the country. Anthony Murgatroyd was also nominated a Super Lawyer in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
He is licensed to practice in all New Jersey and Pennsylvania State and Federal Courts.
- We provide aggressive, dignified representation.
- We won't settle your case below its true value; that is, fair compensation for the injuries or damages you have received.
- If settlement is not possible, we will be a vigorous advocate for you at trial.
- We keep our clients fully informed of all pertinent developments in a timely manner.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Amusement Park Accidents
- Automobile Accidents
- Brain & Spinal Cord Injuries
- Construction Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Nursing Home Injuries
- Premises Injuries
- Product Defects
- Slip, Trip, and Fall Accidents
- Trailer Tractor Crashes
- Workers Compensation
- Wrongful Death
- New Jersey, 1990
- Pennsylvania, 1990
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1990
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1990
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law - Newark, Newark, New Jersey
- Juris Doctorate Degree - 1989
- St. John's University, Jamaica, NY
- Bachelor of Science Degree - 1985
- Honors: Deans List 1982-1985
- University of London, Surrey, England - 1984
- New Jersey Trial, Post Trial, Appellate Proceedings: Ready for Trial, Lexis Nexis (2006 to Present)
- Steering Clear of the Potholes: New Laws Affecting Handling of Auto Claims, Legal Times Magazine of Hunterdon County Bar Association, February, 2000
- Seminar Hot Tips and Emerging Trends in Personal Injury Litigation, Hunterdon County Bar Association, New Jersey, December 5, 2012
- Litigation at Sunrise Seminar on Releases and Protecting Your Client's Interests at the Time of Settlement, New Jersey Association for Justice, New Jersey, November 16, 2012
- Seminar on Finding, Retaining, Developing and Working with Experts, New Jersey Association for Justice, New Jersey, February 23, 2012
- Seminar for Lawyer Advertising, Solicitation and the Use of Social Media, Hunterdon County Bar Association, New Jersey, November 22, 2011
- Civil Trial Update, New Jersey State Bar Association, Arizona, November 3, 2011
- Best Practices for the Nurse attending the Defense Medical Exam: The Attorney's Perspective , Association of Legal Nurse Consultants, New Jersey, October 1, 2011
- Lawyer Advertising, Solicitation and the Use of Social Media, New Jersey State Bar Association, New Jersey, May 18, 2011
- Lawyer Advertising, Solicitation and the Use of Social Media, Hunterdon County Bar Association, New Jersey, November 22, 2011
- Exposing Deceptive Defense Medicine, New Jersey Association For Justice, June 6, 2009
- Preparing Effective & Economical Exhibits for Trial, New Jersey Association For Justice, April 22, 2009
- Preparing Effective & Economical Exhibits for Trial, Association of Trial Lawyers of America - New Jersey, October 18, 2008
- Preparation for the Defense Medical Examination, Association of Trial Lawyers of America - New Jersey, May 1, 2008
- Ethics & Avoiding the Pitfalls of Legal Malpractice, Hunterdon County Bar Association, March 10, 2008
- Proving Permanency At Trial: Tactics, Techniques & Tribulations, Association of Trial Lawyers of America - New Jersey, October 28, 2006
- Black Box Warnings of Allergy Medications, Hunterdon Medical Center, February 8, 2006
- Understanding DWI Laws In New Jersey, National Association of Legal Secretaries, February 15, 2005
- Limitation on Lawsuit: What it Means to You, National Association of Legal Secretaries, February 25, 2004
- Handling Automobile Claims Under The 1998 Auto Cost Reduction Act, Hunterdon County Bar Association, February 11, 2000
- Mock Trial Coach, Voorhees High School, 1998 - 2003
- Instructor, Appellate Moot Court, Rutgers University School of Law, 1988 - 1989
Honors and Awards
- Amicus Award, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Past President, Hunterdon County Bar Association, 2005 - 2006
- Who's Who Among Executives and Businesses, 2002
- Richard J. Hughes - American Inns of Court, Graduate, 1993 - 1995
- Who's Who Among American Law Students, 1987 - 1989
- Who's Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges, 1984 - 1985
- New Jersey SuperLawer, 2009 - 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Trustee, 2009 - Present
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum/Top Trial Lawyers, Member, 2008 - Present
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum/Top Trial Lawyers, Member, 2006 - Present
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America - New Jersey, Board of Governors, 2004 - 2008
- American Association for Justice, Member, 1997 - Present
- Hunterdon County Bar Association, Member, 1997 - Present
- New Jersey State Bar, Member, 1990 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Harleysville Insurance Companies, Staff Trial Counsel, 1992 - 1998
- Voorhees & Acciavatti, Trial Counsel, 1989 - 1992
Pro Bono Activities
- Member, Board of Directors Big Brothers Big Sisters, 2008 - Present
- Organizer, Pro-Bono living Will Initiative Hunterdon County Bar Association, 2006
- Coordinator, Latino Education Project Hunterdon County Bar Association, 2005 - 2006
- Organizer, Drug Court Funding Drive for Hunterdon County Bar Association, 2005 - 2006
- Coordinator, Hunterdon County Turkey Drive, 2005
- County Coordinator, ATLA-NJ Pro-Bono Living Will Program, 2005